First of all, the actors of the federations, INSEP and Grand INSEP network met for the third time in 2022 to discuss performance support in physical preparation. For two days, the speakers took turns to address several aspects of the physical dimension:
- specific profiling practiced in RGI centres and federations
- load monitoring, training monitoring and planning
- the European Elite Strength and Conditioning Course (ESC2)
- Applications and tools for assessment and individualisation of tests
Performance support in the physical dimension is a key theme in the run-up to the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in order to optimise performance in the territories and within the RGI centres.
Following on from this national seminar, the international physical dimension conference "Evaluating for individualisation" was held, gathering a large number of international experts, coaches and athletes. Fifteen countries were represented, and the speakers addressed four main themes :
- evaluation and monitoring
- individualisation and performance optimisation
- injury prevention
- impact on performance
These enthralling presentations gave lead to intense exchanges between the participants, thus helping them to project themselves towards new stakes linked to the physical dimension.